Alongside the conversations and special events that mark the Portals adventure are newly emerging contemplative or meditative practices that deepen and enrich our development and evolutionary journey.
Here we offer a two-part video contemplation, A Journey of Many Bridges, which invites us to take a different approach to access our imagination, inspiration, and new ways of seeing our life and its purpose.
There are no rules for how to contemplate; let the Bridges contemplations be your guide. This process has two parts that are connected but offer different territories to explore. It is followed, below, by a conversation with Karen Heney and Paul Stone about the inspiration and creation of these videos. Enjoy the experience!
Bridging an Arch to Creativity and Cooperation.
In this conversation, Bridges creators Karen Heney and musician Paul Stone explore the power of the bridge as metaphor and symbol, and how it inspired the creative process that led to this unique contemplation. Among their insights:
- Bridges are beautifully engineered structures of intention and purpose, which speak to the human journey of wanting to connect, or bridge, from where we are to where we want to go.
- There are inner and outer bridges; the human itself is engineered with the faculties and capabilities to bridge to natural inner intelligence, perceptions, and purpose.
- Bridges accompany human growth and progress and allow connections that dissolve isolation and separation, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- At a metaphysical level, every moment is a bridge from the art of the possible – the realms of potential – to some form of application or action. Humans are continually on a bridge from the realm of endless possibilities to intentional, purposeful actions.
- When we cross a bridge, we are never the same.
This contemplation, together with our conversations and special events, is part of the ongoing discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. You can also follow us and subscribe to our channel on YouTube.
I think sometimes inspiration isn't just a momentary thought; I think this is where purpose runs quite deep in my life. I believe that we all have different talents, different combinations, different things we can do. If we dismiss those, we might be dismissing the very thing we're here to do - we really don't know. I feel that quite strongly about this whole project. I almost had an awareness that if this manifests maybe not at this stage, maybe at a further stage, or maybe what it inspires is a next step for my life, or someone else's life, it might be the very thing that I am meant to do.