To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
It’s time we take the next big step forward on the path of mastering one of the most troublesome roadblocks standing in the way of our well-being, resilience, refinement and connection to higher intelligence and new emerging universal possibility.
We know from recent Portals conversations and practices that polarities — often highly charged and emotional divisions appearing across our cultural and political experience — can be a powerful energy vortex. It’s easy to get drawn in and be captured by the heated rhetoric and media portrayals around right/left, liberal/conservative, men/women, rich/poor…the list is endless.
Fortunately, as we learn in this conversation, there are equally potent steps and strategies to not only release ourselves from the polarity trap, but transform a charged and divided circumstance into a way forward to new integration, perception and potential.
Aviv Shahar and longtime Portals friend David Price Francis, who cohost the series Current Openings: What the World Doesn’t Quite Get Yet, reveal that as long as we’re alive on this planet, polarities will be our companion. Among their insights and counsel for moving forward:
- A martial artist of polarity mastery will create in themselves pre-event integrations, with ready-made responses to address polarized occasions; being prepared prevents being surprised.
- Don't let the rewards of reaching a goal turn out to be the warden of your jail. We tend to get a trophy, and the trophy becomes atrophy; we stopped our continuation.
- There needs to be a third space, or vector, to be a witness; to get enough of an awareness to say, “Hang on a minute; take a deep breath.” It’s using the law of polarity to move forward.
- Life is not a static equilibrium; it’s ongoing, on the move, a work in progress; continually shape shifting every day, in every moment. We need to have all these polarity releasing moves available.
- When we actually have a purpose, an aim, and some consciousness about what we're heading toward, then we are able to work with polarities to support our life’s passion.
- We need to say “no” many times to facilitate the one central thread of our life we want to say “yes” to. The “no” power gets exhausted; we need to recharge the “no” battery, a very important power in supporting our journey.
- If a person wants the truth, they need to prepare their systems to integrate with truth rather than bias; it’s a daily practice. This itself would release polarity, which cannot capture truth.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
This is the simplest way to recognize — guess what? — you're alive, you're human; you will find time and again that you've been activated and triggered by something. If you take the developmental inclination, you say, ‘Great; I have another opportunity to be exposed to my weakness, to what triggers me. I want to learn from it and develop a better, stronger inner formation so I'm more resilient and adaptive.’