Benefits of this practice
- Reconnecting to the powerful inner resources and feelings coming online as we began our own youthful journey of self-discovery
- Engendering awareness of the amazing gifts of knowledge and experience available for transfer from one generation to another
Portals practices are a wide array of activities and processes that can enhance well-being, inner balance and harmony. Practices help us integrate our inner lives and awareness and connect to our natural creative potential. We’re also tuning our lives to the greater intelligence, strength and support that is always available to us.
This contemplative practice locates and prepares us as adults to support, advise and encourage young people in their early- to late-teens as they begin a deeper journey of self-discovery. It starts by helping us visualize and connect to our own youth, with its powerful feelings, realizations and discoveries. We then imagine ourselves today standing with and accompanying a young person in her/his life as they begin to discover their own inner resources. We encourage their growing awareness as they face the challenges and opportunities of building an independent, purposeful life.
Through this special practice and visualization, we also send encouragement to all young people in the world today and let them know they are not alone.
Please feel free to share with us the feelings and benefits you registered with this or other Portals practices. This practice is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change.
- 1: Clear a mental and physical space for a time of contemplation
- 2: Listen to and follow the visualization descriptions in the recording
- 3: Spend time with and appreciate the mental space of support and encouragement this practice creates for all youth around the world
This practice causes much respect for the journey gone so far, with the help of many adults. It contributes to being better equipped to accompany the young people in my life now, keeping close by the powerful feelings and ideals that carried me forward at the time, encouraging the young to trust their intuitions, explore new ways of thinking, while in discovery about the wonderful systems that support their lives.