To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
If you’ve ever wondered why it’s so difficult to transcend or sidestep the virulent polarities driving so much of our politics and cultural life, consider the real sources of their power are invisible. Since we’re usually unaware of how these hidden forces operate, we may end up feeding the very energy and the machinery that can be so detrimental to our wellbeing.
A good example is the algorithms that drive social media and other areas of widely used technology. Each time we “like” or repeatedly visit people and places we agree with, the algorithms bring us more of the same; the same viewpoint, the same type of people. We create virtual echo chambers that reinforce polarities, biases, and preferences.
We can go even deeper into the unseen or esoteric, with what is sometimes known as the occult. All human activity — actions, thoughts, feelings — bio-generates energy that becomes part of an unseen memory system. These energetic formations propagate and influence us at the level we are attuned to with their particular persuasion. Highly charged polarities are an example
In this conversation — a special edition of “Current Openings: What the World Doesn’t Quite Get Yet” for Portals members — Aviv Shahar and David Price Francis look deeper into the unseen influences driving polarities. They also extend the exploration of polarities begun in a recent live Portals event. Among their insights:
- Are the traits that cause us to favor a particular polarity natural, or instilled by our education and environment? Is transformation possible, or utopian?
- The planet herself supports both sides in a polarity. Imagine if you tried to favor only your right foot or left eye. Both sides have a place in a higher view of balance.
- Releasing the grip and achieving mastery over polarities also liberates human life to operate in multiple spaces, unlocking a profoundly greater range of versatility and capacity.
- The so-called New Age movement is mostly the ‘old age’ movement; it actually plugs into a memory bank and energies that have been around for a very long time.
- Humans can program ourselves or be programmed with psychological formations — what’s going on in our brain, combined with our emotions and how we move; it’s like our identity.
Aviv and David also show us new moves to release and transcend the polarities we see around us every day. They add to the polarity management tools highlighted in the recent series of polarity practices.
These conversations are part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.