- 00:00 Introduction
- 6:20 Resisting the urge for an easy answer
- 18:10 What is the promissory grace of the human situation?
- 27:05 A journey that is going somewhere
- 37:30 How do we become more naturalized to being human?
- 46:10 The logic of the promissory grace
- 53:05 The permission every morning to reclaim ourselves
Welcome to the third conversation in a Portals series that is taking on a life of its own and leading us to deeper, more profound and sometimes surprising insights than we could have expected.
“Current Openings — What the World Doesn’t Quite Get Yet” is a new collaboration with David Price Francis, author, spiritual teacher and co-founder of Energy Worlds. David joins Aviv Shahar to explore what’s appearing in the “current,” or flow, of new intelligence and evolutionary possibility emerging across humanity and the planet.
The ease and depth of Aviv and David’s first conversations have the nature of what is sometimes called a promissory grace — an extra measure of energy, inspiration and strength that boost the beginning of a purposeful endeavor. The grace, which some might see as beginners luck or a higher blessing, carries the promise of ongoing enhancement in facing whatever challenges may arise on the journey.
In Current Openings we explore ways to reconnect and re-naturalize to the higher intelligence, capabilities and creative power that should naturally flow through human life. It’s relying less on digital technology for solutions to a world in multiple crises, and looking instead to activate our natural inner technology and capacity for true healing, growth and transformation.
A few of David and Aviv’s insights and ponders:
- The mystical is not truly about the escape from life but the embrace of the invisible potential of life; not escaping to fantasy but escaping to reality.
- An esoteric dimension is the bride and groom on their wedding night who receive promissory grace and permission to be rewired in the presence of the new union.
- Moving beyond the promissory grace means beginning to play with a greater grace of being joined to a greater purpose.
- There's enough new silicon technology in the world; we’re focused on activating the internal carbon technology given to us as a promissory grace by creation.
- People today are largely occupied not by creating their future, but by multiple programs running in the background, most of which concern survival in a modern world.
- We're bombarded with how other people want us to think and believe. Part of the joy of working with natural laws is that they're not created by a human.
- We're not looking to give solutions, but to actually get all the way inside the real predicament facing humanity and have the solutions appear, connected to universal energies.
- Someone may say to me, well, do you think there may be aliens living on planet Earth? I've heard myself say, "Well, yes, and we're the aliens."
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
We have the long-term projection to become more naturalized in many ways as human beings and opening up. If we can come to a place where, because of these talks, there's more space rather than less space, we're helping other people and ourselves create openings through which new intelligence and new ideas can actually appear.