To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 1:55 ‘Essence’ is a verb, an action
- 10:24 Tuning starts with a desire to be with something
- 26:45 What does essence intimacy require?
- 46:10 The three-step dance of attunement
- 1:00:10 What are the three critical levels of listening?
- 1:24:50 You’re invited to join the experiment of attuning
We’re delighted to add to Portals the latest in a series of special practices that offer the support of new insights, practical application, and healing to any life on a journey of growth and refinement in this time of unfolding global crises.
For this demonstration we brought together an international group of musicians and Portals friends to walk us through the practice of ‘attunement’. It’s a simple but profound process of tuning in, or connecting to, or being in harmony with a quality, virtue or energy frequency we want to generate or experience at a deeper level.
We know from our recent practice of essencing that humans naturally can focus our awareness and creative potential to generate a spark of energy with intelligence and purpose, like the essence of care or courage. Attunement looks deeper at the steps and inner alignment that lead to true connection, access, and flow of the finer energy or quality we seek to express.
Our Portals friends demonstrate the steps of slowing down and quieting the inner noise, while listening with presence to finer frequencies and rhythms, and integrating reflections and feedback — a three-step dance to essence access and expression.
Their impressions include:
- Attuning is not with an agenda pitching towards something, but rather being invitational to what wants to appear that maybe can’t be seen from outside of it.
- People often say the secret ingredient that makes their food taste so good is love. There are many essences and qualities we can infuse into whatever we do.
- We're essencing all the time; we can choose what we are open to and what we give our instrument, our life, to.
- It often starts with a question or want or desire to be with something; you try to find out what it is. It's a trial and error experience.
- Why do people feel at distance from the life we experience? What practices and understandings can bridge the gap?
- I may be walking in harmony with a forest, or come out thinking about taxes or a fight with my coworker. What makes the difference?
The more we can look at the unseen aspect of human and universal life, the more we can allow something else to become valid in this world.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Part of the next step in this process is to free us up to use our human capacity as an embassy, as an agency, to the broader invisible realm of essences and qualities that are there to join the process of human life. We're proposing that giving voice, and movement, and color to those realms through the human media is part of the assistance that's needed at this time.