To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
Benefits of this practice
- Expanded awareness of the grip that polarities exert on every aspect of life and their influence on our thinking and behavior
- Simple and effective steps to release, integrate, and rise above even the most powerful polarized situation
Portals Practices are a wide array of activities and processes that can enhance well-being, inner balance and harmony. Practices help us integrate our inner lives and awareness and connect to our natural creative potential. We’re also tuning our lives to the greater intelligence, strength and support that is always available to us.
This is the latest in a series of special practices that reveals the creative steps we all can take to release and transcend the grip of powerful polarities that often block our perception and life. We can’t avoid polarities — masculine/feminine, energy/matter, day/night, liberal/conservative — and they can become the biggest obstacle on a path of natural human development. With the awareness and new moves demonstrated in this recording, we can disarm and reshape the trickiest of polarized circumstances, instead of allowing them to shape us.
The new steps in this practice complete a full toolkit of moves and perceptions that began with parts one and two in this series. These practices were part of the recent Current Openings Live Event – The Human Development Challenge on Portals and it’s part of the experience value we are building for members as we grow the Portals community of practice.
Please feel free to share with us the feelings and benefits you registered with this or other Portals practices in the Comment Section below. This practice is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of dynamic change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- 1: Clear a mental and physical space for a time of contemplation
- 2: Take three deep breaths to gather and center the whole of yourself. (Also realize breathing is an inhale/exhale polarity)
- 3: Bring the hands together in front of you, fingertips touching, and press fingertips together with strength for a few seconds, then release. Register the tension and feeling of release in the muscles of your hands, arms, and shoulders.
- 4: Repeat these steps several times as a simple example of the hard/soft, tension/release polarities.
- 5: Experience the five moves demonstrated in this recording
- 6: Identify how these polarities show up and exert influence in your own life
- 7: Apply the steps, perceptions and logic in the five moves to the polarized circumstances you identified
- 8: Bring the insights and knowledge gained in this practice to other polarizing situations you encounter
Polarity tuning — a warm-up