Benefits of this practice
- A greater awareness of the polarities that appear in every aspect of life and how they influence our thinking and behavior
- Simple and effective tools and steps to neutralize, integrate, and rise above even the most powerful polarized situation
Portals Practices are a wide array of activities and processes that can enhance well-being, inner balance and harmony. Practices help us integrate our inner lives and awareness and connect to our natural creative potential. We’re also tuning our lives to the greater intelligence, strength and support that is always available to us.
This practice provides simple and powerful steps and insights to neutralize the most common roadblock standing in the way of a deeper engagement with natural human development: the polarities we face every day. Polarities are everywhere: right/wrong; conservative/liberal; trust/suspicion; spiritual/material. So what’s the big deal?
Being drawn into or identifying with one side of a polarized circumstance shuts down our ability to perceive the bigger picture or larger reality — the possibility of integration and connection with higher universal life. Polarities also invite conflict and imbalance. Learning to disarm, release, and transcend polarized energies activates the higher faculties and perceptions that will transform our life.
This practice arose from the recent Current Openings Live Event – The Human Development Challenge on Portals. It’s the first in a series of practices that will offer a variety of valuable tools and insights for releasing, transcending, and integrating even the most powerful polarizing circumstances. It’s part of the experience value we are building for members as we grow the Portals community of practice.
Please feel free to share with us the feelings and benefits you registered with this or other Portals Practices in the Comment Section below. This practice is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change.
- 1: Clear a mental and physical space for a time of contemplation
- 2: Take three deep breaths to gather and center the whole of yourself. (Also realize breathing is an inhale/exhale polarity)
- 3: Bring the hands together in front of you, fingertips touching, and press fingertips together with strength for a few seconds, then release. Register the tension and feeling of release in the muscles of your hands, arms, and shoulders.
- 4: Repeat these steps several times as a simple example of the hard/soft, tension/release polarities.
- Integrating polarities
- 5: Familiarize yourself with the steps and logic of the “integration move” described in the recording for bringing together opposing sides in a polarity
- 6: From the list of polarities provided, select several you might frequently encounter in your life
- 7: Apply the principles and steps in the integration move to the selected polarities, which will reveal how seemingly opposing energies or dynamics can be brought together
- 8: Bring the insights and knowledge gained in this practice to other polarizing situations you encounter
Polarity tuning — a warm-up
When polarities manage us we’re triggered into conflict and stress and other problems. When we find a way to manage and navigate those polarities effectively, we feel empowered, we feel liberated, to be more of the natural humans that we can be.