To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
How do we update our perception self-view, and behavioral operating system? How do we pivot and rewire from reacting to our desired chosen response?
The Self-Instruction Pivot practice demonstrates an agile way of spotting incidents where we are not applying the updated version of ourself. It helps us retether to our chosen response. The practice summons us to witness our behavior, and free ourselves up to even be amused rather than terrified by an old, outdated critical inner voice. In this place of witnessing we are empowered to turn setbacks into development and self-evolution opportunities. We then frame a self-instruction code in a story we create, to inspire and remind us of our self-authoring choice. It’s both liberating and powerful.
Portals practices are a wide array of activities and processes that can enhance wellbeing, inner balance and harmony. Practices help us integrate our inner lives and awareness, and connect to our natural creative potential. We’re also tuning our lives to the greater intelligence, strength and support that is always available to us.
Please share with us your experience and the benefits you registered with this and other Portals practices. This practice is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change.
- 1: Clear a physical and mental space for listening
- 2: Settle and center yourself where you sit and follow the story of the recording.
- 3: Experience that moving through a situation, with full awareness, may allow new learning.
- 4: Find your own pivotal moments and form them into a story with an effective and pithy self-instruction.
- 5: Realize that we are the painters of our own portraits.
- 6: Instruct yourself to catch yourself in real time and empower yourself to pivot from an undesired to a chosen response. Codify the experience with a self-empowering story. A tip related to the examples in the recording: Do not negate or fight negative self-talk. Be humorous and agile to redirect the energy into your chosen behavior.
Learn to witness yourself responding from a lesser part of you, to not identify with it, and instead insert a self-created reminder that you always have another option.