To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal One level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
Benefits of this practice
- Deeper understanding and experience of our ability to generate healing — physically, mentally and emotionally — for ourselves, each other, the world, and the planet
- Re-enlivening the natural human capacity to generate an essence, or energetic quality
This simple practice will demonstrate the steps in generating the essence of healing — physical, mental and emotional — for ourselves, our families, humanity and the planet. Sound remarkable? The ability to heal is as natural to the human design as our heartbeat. Try to imagine life without the essence of healing. In addition to being part of our automatic physical systems, each one of us can generate with intention and purpose the essence of healing at any time, in almost any circumstance
In this recording, Aviv Shahar and a group of international Portals friends first experience the beautiful art and science of deep appreciation, then reconnect to the natural capacity to generate the essence of healing. This practice builds upon the experience of a previous recording, Generating an Essence: A Practice. It’s part of the value we are building for members as we grow the Portals community of practice.
Portals practices are a wide array of activities and processes that can enhance wellbeing, inner balance and harmony. Practices help us integrate our inner lives and awareness, and connect to our natural creative potential. We’re also tuning our lives to the greater intelligence, strength and support that is always available to us.
Please feel free to share with us the feelings and benefits you registered with the slow motion or other Portals practices. This practice is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change.
Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Appreciating an object – a warm up:
- Step 1: Clear a mental and physical space for a time of contemplation
- Step 2: Take three deep breaths to gather and center the whole of yourself
- Step 3: Sharpen your sense of appreciation by selecting an object that carries special meaning for you
- Step 4: Appreciate the nature and value of the object through sensory awareness (for example, touching) and mindfulness of its connective significance and meaning
- Appreciating a quality or essence – essencing:
- Step 5: Begin to appreciate and generate the essence of healing by focusing on its quality and nature; not a particular healing method, but its property and energetic content
- Step 6: Identify where and when you witness and experience healing; what enables and promotes healing? What practices and awareness encourage the presence of healing?
- Step 7: Imagine the essence of healing filling you on the inside and spreading out from yourself to humanity and the planet
- Step 8: Take a few moments to recognize and appreciate where you register the healing essence in your life — physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually
- Step 9: Make a mark to come back regularly inside this appreciative awareness of healing and its miraculous nature
When we look at the screen and we see each other, we're seeing the evidence of healing, the miracle of healing. We've all had moments when we felt unwell, perhaps even moments where we didn't know if we would ever feel better, and then something miraculous happens. Complete total miracle: we started to feel better. That's the property, the sense; it's the intangible miracle that's so tangible in life we are seeking to describe.