How would we even consider paying back the universe — returning the favor — for the most amazing gift of being alive? In a simple appreciation, every breath, every heartbeat, demonstrates a greater permission, an ongoing love and care for the human species. Isn’t it reasonable to wonder how we might reciprocate?
Fortunately, there are many clues and directions in Current Openings that explore the true nature and innate possibility of being human. Much of the discovery has broadened our understanding of a larger purpose in the cosmos and what it means to actually develop.
We’ve learned, for example, that by design we generate and process energy at many levels, frequencies and qualities. We can choose to create and transmit into our lives and the world generosity, care, kindness and peace — qualities that enrich and uplift life itself — instead of being pulled into ever-more-toxic political and cultural polarities.
The activation of Homo Universalis, a greater universal possibility, means each of us can choose to become a conduit, a safe harbor, for new evolutionary potential nudging its way into humanity and the planet. We help ourselves (and each other) by helping the future help us. Not a bad first cosmic “thank you.”
As we continue the series “Current Openings: What the World Doesn’t Quite Get Yet,” Aviv Shahar and David Price Francis further explore the human impulse to reciprocate the cosmic love that keeps our hearts ticking. Among their appreciations:
- When we talk about dimensions of care and love, the invitation is to become caretakers to ourselves, the planet, and humanity at large in the way we simply make our choices every day.
- A perspective about the future is to have a degree of humility that goes with humanity. We didn't make the universe; we're co-respondents to new energy appearing, becoming people of the future.
- We can develop ourselves to become a conduit for a bright future, the portal for all that life can be as the universe continues to release its potential through planetary and human affairs.
- Humans are contagious: what we think and feel, and the energies we bring into ourselves and transmit, are contagious. If we're inspired in ourselves, other people can also become inspired.
- Generosity is the inner core of the human. It comes from being stable and strong in yourself; knowing who you are and why you’re here; that the universe wants you to be here, and to realize we are of kind; we're kin.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.