To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal Two level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
As a wave of new evolutionary energy continues to surge with ever-greater intensity across the planet, there is also a greater urge to explore more deeply what this emerging future means for the appearance of a universal human — Homo Universalis.
Evidence of the human’s universal nature and possibility can be uncovered in an esoteric trace of world history over the centuries. What about today? How is the future — this new evolutionary potential — pushing its way in and influencing nearly every facet of personal and cultural life? Where do we look?
This conversation is the start of a new Portals series on the Universalis Project: exploring the many ways that a wave of evolutionary change is transforming humanity and the planet we call home, and the appearance of a new human model. Aviv Shahar is joined by Portals friends Kyriaki Nikandrou and Karen Heney, each an artist, philosopher, and spiritual teacher.
They build on The 1000 Faces of Homo Universalis, the Universalis story begun in a conversation with Jeff Vander Clute. Here Aviv, Kyriaki, and Karen offer many insights into the Universalis journey, including:
- The emerging new epoch will unlock a tremendous amount of insights, perceptions, practices, and new ways of being and doing; new ways to create space — mental, relational, and energetic.
- To explore Homo Universalis as a prospective element of a larger epochal journey, we need to make new virgin space; you can’t just pour new energy into old bottles.
- It was never about repeating a ready-made curriculum; it is an emergent discovery, which included new ways of exploration, with people creating their own contemplations and artwork.
- The living residue of human life creates an energetic record that aggregates as a loose operating system. It’s always nearby to potentize great passions, and polarities, unless we can escape it.
- A huge step in consciousness is to really take responsibility for your life, for what you know, on behalf of humanity. It creates huge space for things to come.
- The implosion of the Guru model means the credibility emerges on a journey as a mutual property. You're not trying to enroll anybody into your own journey but help them liberate their own.
- How arrested and limited is our perception? Are we open to truly receiving new insight and perceptions about the human case? Or is there a stop situation, a wall beyond which we cannot see?
- By our nature as a human, we are not a one, or two in one; we're a multiplicity in one. What does that mean and how can we live into that reality?
- We humans are a caring, empathetic species capable of generosity and gratitude. Is distrust then the accumulated byproduct of the pain and injuries in the human story?
This conversations is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
I asked a simple question where it relates to truly appreciating the human and what human life is about: How arrested and limited is our perception? And how open are we truly to receiving new insight and new perceptions about the human case? Would we say there is a stop situation, meaning there is a wall beyond which we cannot see?