To watch the full episode, please log in to your account - or consider becoming a Portal Two level member.
At Portals we seek to offer great content to inquiring minds, and we also want to nourish and grow a thriving community by creating an ecology of practice for engagement and exchange. Your membership supports that potential.
Throughout history, the great questions have been asked, and great research has been undertaken, always expanding the territory of the known by shining a light into the unknown. Where is that cutting edge today? And can a community of people from all over the world, each carrying their own unique journey of discovery, come together to inquire at the edge of purposeful evolution, through dialogue and interaction? We think it is possible, and we hope that you will choose to be a part of this exploration.
- Humans are not a singular being; we’re a multiplicity. Approaching anything in singularity implies shutting down the many other lives of us, which limits the human from its full promise.
- There is deep insight into some of the pathologies and syndromes we now see in young people; they define themselves not in relation to themselves but to impressions they find on social media.
- Part of our sense of self exists because we’re able to hold space for who we are. With intensified social messages 24/7, we lose the boundary of who and what we are, which leads to depression and anxiety.
- The word “looming” or creating looms refers to something that's emerging or about to happen. Loom thinking offers the sense of facilitating what is emerging, or creating space for an emergent future.
- We can use the process of mindful gazing — at the world, history, our own lives — enhanced by emerging new permissions to melt the pain and trauma preventing us from feeling our kinder human nature.
- The “permanent line inquiry" practice generates inquiries live inside you permanently, even when you're asleep. It's not an intellectual or mental thing; it’s a devotional quest that you breathe to life.
This conversations is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.