Imagine a two-way conscious living exchange between the human being and the planet for the continual enhancement and benefit of both. It’s part of what we could describe as the planet’s operating system or program. The human (along with other organic life) is an integral player in a process and consciousness that are sometimes called reciprocal maintenance.
A simple example is a tree. The roots pull in nourishment from the soil, while the leaves and photosynthesis absorb and convert cosmic energy from the sun into other types of nourishment that support the tree’s continued growth. The tree in turn cleans and balances the ecosystem in which it lives, to the benefit of organic life.
For the human, aligning to the natural speeds, cycles, and energies of the planet allows us to better sense our own finer inner systems and technology that, by design, connect to universal systems and intelligence, which we flow in mutual exchange with our host, the planet.
Fortunately, we get more insight and understanding of this amazing process in this conversation between Aviv Shahar and David Price Francis, the latest in the series “Current Openings: What the World Doesn’t Quite Get Yet.”
Among their insights:
- When one life form takes over an ecology and breaks the equilibrium that allows for reciprocity, we have an ecosystem that is heading to collapse.
- Technology is the gift that keeps on giving, but it's also the thief that keeps on robbing. It’s the agony and the ecstasy.
- The human ability to choose and superimpose life-affirming programs onto destructive programs may be the offramp technology to avoid a self-eliminating trajectory.
- It’s mostly positive-thinking people who are doing damage on our planet right now. Positive thinking isn't enough; what are you positive thinking about?
- What is the precious currency of life in the universe? It’s energy; we need energy to move things and facilitate change. We can say the universe is energy and energy is the universe.
- The brain, becoming programmed to run on toxic processes, shows how the same program that enables life is also what enables us to develop harmful habits and addictions.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
What programs are we running? The idea of self-choice: do we really have self-choice if we've been pre-programmed by a religion? We were born into a family; we were born into a language; we were born into a culture; we were born into and got normalized to motorcars, weapons, and all the rest of it. How much free choice is left to actually be running our own programs, and not ones that other people implanted into us? That's a real facing question.