- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:50 Something unique is revealing itself
- 13:45 What is the hot tub test?
- 24:35 The infinity loop of evolution
- 35:17 How do we update our image of “collective”?
- 56:16 Expanding our capacity with an ecology of practice
- 1:05:40 How can we become the change we want to see in the world?
With so much interest in creating a new type of collective living experience, it’s reasonable to wonder why the “we” space is seen to be so important in supporting the next big leap in evolution. What can’t the individual alone — me, just being me — accomplish?
There is a deepening awareness that a new future, a transforming universal possibility, is revealing itself both through individuals and a collective experience: new configurations of people living, working, and creating together. Small and intimate; networks; experimental.
The “me” is a fundamental step in personal development. Becoming a catalyst for a larger universal possibility isn’t just a solo act; it needs the power of collective intelligence and integrated capacity. Plus, the natural fulfillment of humans connecting and being together.
“Collective” also may not be the best word to describe people coming together in a mutual purpose and vision that respects and allows the individual to be a “me,” inside a much more potent connected creative potential.
To help us explore the many faces and possibilities of communal endeavors, Aviv Shahar is joined by Portals friend, author, consultant and Emmy Award-winning documentary film director Tucker Walsh, and musician Turquoise.
Among their insights:
- In a very simple, practical way, it’s about being the change we want to see in the world; to show up in the way we want others to mirror; bringing the awareness that from a certain perspective everything in life is relational.
- An ecology of practice, whatever method, can offer increased capacity — the intentional wielding of the soma of the spirit, mind, body, soul, and great chain of being.
- We see the reintegration of the blessing realms — pursued since ancient times — now available in an open-source form for anyone who makes themselves available. Portals is an opportunity to decode, narrate, experience, and play together.
- When we are down, confused, and depressed, it’s not that evolution stopped caring; it possibly reflects the accelerated and potentized nature of what’s emerging.
- The rise of the intellect, the dawn of the modernity project, and the myth of separation, are still a predominantly active actuality in the DNA of our minds.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Some of these gatherings are the catalysts of evolution as it appears simultaneously like different petals of a flower: our trauma is healing, our intellect is blossoming, our interpersonal skills are deepening, and our humanity itself is blooming through us.