- 00:00 Introduction
- 5:56 Islands of coherence in a sea of chaos
- 14:35 What is the quantum leap now underway?
- 47:00 The power of letting go of resistance
- 54:50 Leaders need to move beyond their ‘solar system’
- 1:01:51 What is the polarity communities face?
- 1:15:41 What is the role of self-compassion?
- 1:25:45 Moving from self-improvement to self-astonishment
The sense of a new regenerative arising at this time of global climate and cultural crises finds a special inspiration in the vision of Nobel Laureate Ilya Prigogine: “…small islands of coherence in a sea of chaos have the capacity to shift the entire system to a higher order.”
Ilya may have been a chemist, but his understanding of coherence — the harmonious alignment of all parts of a whole — is a profound insight into the nature and possibility of transformation, personal and collective. The synchronization of head and heart, thoughts and feelings, creates a flow, a current, that can give passage to new intelligence and universal possibility now emerging through humanity.
In this exploration of coherence, Aviv Shahar is joined by Teresa Collins, co-founder of the Global Coherence Pulse, and a leader in the field of transformational learning and community emergence.
While coherence is at the heart of a community, the harmony and alignment begin within, our own inner lives — the mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, and cellular. The harmony of inner integration creates a natural impulse to connect with those close to us, in teams and communities dedicated to support the emergence of a better future.
Aviv and Teresa share other insights on the journey to coherence and emergence:
- Perhaps we can call it the Gandhi moment when we realize that we've got to become the change we want to see in the world first on the inside.
- Time and again you will find when enlightened people and enlightened leaders come together, they struggle with the same issues, and power structures, and egoic challenges.
- Necessary parts of the inner architecture are self-compassion and self-esteem of the right kind; you can't be fully present to your purpose without exercising that kind of self-awareness.
- We could call it distributed leadership, more feminine than masculine, but we’re not excluding masculine energy. You need to integrate both.
- We now need a structure that allows people who emerged through different experiences to embody their own leadership and originality, while honoring what they found on their journey.
There is an importance in the facility found through leaders who are able to evolve and change their role, as their community enables them to transcend who they were earlier on.
This conversation is part of the continuing Portals discovery into what is emerging on the frontiers of human experience in this time of profound change. Information about upcoming special events can be found on the Events page. Also visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
I have been in communities following the ideas of conscious evolution and resonant science. I've been feeling that rising up. I want to be the person I came here to be. I want to be a positive contribution to the planet. I want to live my purpose. It's a stirring that you really can't ignore. It's a stirring that you have to, at some point, turn your attention towards, and, when you do, something amazing starts to emerge - and that's an alignment with yourself.